SCOPE OF OPERATIONS
From the simplest to the most complicated project, Structural Engineering Consultants provides clients with the most appropriate and cost-effective solution. We can provide a complete package or perform just an individual task to meet the client’s needs, schedule and budget. Highly experienced in building design, we provide the following Engineering Services:
- Structural Design and Analysis
- Structural Inspection
- Structural Drafting (CADD)
- Review of Plans and Structural Calculations
- Building Code Consulting and Assistance with Acquiring a Building Permit
We Provide Engineering Services For The Following Types of Projects:
- New Construction of Residential or Small Commercial Buildings
- Building Additions
- Building Remodels and Retrofits
- Various Types of Structural Repairs, including Foundation Repairs
- Trench Excavation Support Systems
- Permanent Retaining Walls
- Structural Inspection Reports
We Provide Engineering Services For The Following Types of Construction:
- Wood and Timber
- Engineering Lumber
- Reinforced Concrete
- Structural Steel
- Light-gage Steel
WHEN HOMEOWNER, CONTRACTOR OR DESIGNER SHOULD CONSIDER
HIRING THE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS
Existing Residential Structures:
Home repairs or remodeling projects requires to:
- Evaluate the structural integrity of the isolated structural components, building features (exterior decks, porches, balconies, railings, fire escapes, stairs and chimneys, retaining walls, etc.) or entire structure as hole.
- Evaluate the cause of structural damage and flaws, such as cracks, sags, bulges, etc.
- Design repairs for structural damage and previous design/ construction flaws.
- Repair or modify foundations (lower a basement, etc.).
- Modify existing roof geometry or adding new roof features.
- Convert attic or basement space into living space under some conditions.
- Increase the sizes of existing rooms or build new additions.
- Add one or more floors or additional loads to the existing house or structure.
- Remove or re-locate columns or bearing walls.
- Create openings through existing bearing walls, floors and roofs.
- Reduce floor bounce or sag or stiffen floors for additional loads (such as hot tubs, heavy furniture, etc.).
New Residential Structures and Additions:
It is strongly recommended to request structural engineering services when new structure is to have the following:
- Retaining walls.
- Large clear span rooms like great rooms or open-space layouts in living areas or basement.
- Complex floor and /or roof layouts.
- Exterior elevated decks, porches, balconies and their stairways, ramps and railings.
- Large openings in bearing walls.
- Wall systems greater than 10 feet high.
- Cathedral or high vaulted ceilings.
- Foundation walls that do not meet the code requirements.
- Concrete components and/or systems other than conventional foundations.
- Structural steel components and/or systems, engineered lumber, timber beams.